abdul

Abdul gets stabby

Nine have been injured at Ohio State University (thankfully none life-threatening) when a perpetrator rammed his car into the crowd, jumped out and proceeded to stab people with a butcher knife. The police reacted quickly and he has been shot dead within a minute, probably saving lives, and certainly more injuries.

When the incident was initially and mistakenly described as “an active shooter situation”, the left wasted no time, jumping onto their favourite bandwagon and making #GunControl trending again on Twitter.

abdul1Then, after it became clear that the only act of gun violence was police shooting the stabber, some just doubled down, like this erstwhile Time Out New York theater and cabaret critic and Drama Critics’ Circle president:

abdul2

I’ll let you reflect on that for a moment.

Subsequently it emerged that “the suspect’s name is Abdul Razaq Ali Artan, an 18-year-old student at the university. He was a Somali refugee who left his homeland with his family in 2007, lived in Pakistan and then came to the United States in 2014 as a legal permanent resident of the United States, officials said. He attended Columbus State Community College for two years, graduating cum laude with an associates degree before moving onto Ohio State to continue his studies.”

Soon after arriving at Ohio State, Abdul spoke to the student publication “The Lantern”, participating in their “Humans of Ohio State” feature:

abdul

With guns and gun control no longer an issue, the new narrative will start in… 3… 2… 1. If only there was no Islamophobia, if only Ohio State provided prayer rooms, if only we were more welcoming and accommodating.

Unfortunately, it seems it became an all too familiar story: Abdul was saddened by the media stereotype of Muslims, so he became that stereotype.

P.S. “Sources tells ABC News that authorities are looking at a Facebook posting online to determine if it is connected to the OSU suspect. The posting mentions radical cleric Anwar Awlaki and says, among other things: ‘I am sick and tired of seeing my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters being killed and tortured EVERYWHERE. … I can’t take it anymore. America! Stop interfering with other countries … [if] you want us Muslims to stop carrying lone wolf attacks’.”

Comments

comments